So, what brings you intense joy? What makes you feel overwhelmingly happy, positive, geek out, dance like no one is watching, smile that megawatt smile, laugh uncontrollably, completely relax?
Seriously, I want to know what makes you happy. Why do I care? Because I know when I list mine below, I am going to feel amazing. I am going to smile. And, I need more of that in my life. You do, too. You deserve it!
- I love my God, my husband and my daughter. (These are what I’m MOST grateful)
- Traveling. Specifically, Germany. (I am certain I will post more stuff about this at some point). I have the Fernweh bug! Give me mountains, a forest and cool air and I am thrilled and at total peace. Until that big bear chases me, of course!
- Running. There has been a little hiccup with this for the last 6 months, but I am NOT down and out. My favorite is marathon distance. There is a sense of complete and utter success as I have crossed each finish line. Now, I need to get my ass in gear and get my happy endorphins going.
- Teaching Group Exercise (Boot Camp and Cycle) and Personal Training + working out. Again, I need to get the endorphins moving again ASAP. This brings me a smile because I love helping others achieve their goals. Duh – it’s not ALL about me. It feels good to help someone reach their potential.
or torture them for an hour.No, honestly, why not help others have a healthy spirit, mind and body?
- Imagine Dragons. I joke with my husband that we are probably the oldest at their concerts. Yes, I DO plan on seeing them whenever and wherever they are close to me. You have to have a band where their music and lyrics speak to you and just instantly say, “that’s me!” Instant, pick me up.
- Absolutely Fabulous. Hands down, gotta love Patsy and Eddie. I can watch them for hours. So much so that my husband automatically knows to leave me alone if I am binging Ab Fab. Give me a
bottleglass of wine and I am happy. And, here is more of my geek mode….my other favorite things to binge watch: The Twilight Saga – yup, I am a BIG FAN (yes, I think Robert Pattinson is hot, but I’m old enough to be his – very young – Mommy), Harry Potter, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Days of Our Lives, The Parent Trap, Overboard, Magic Mike (oh, come on, how can you NOT smile at that ), Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, Under the Tuscan Sun, The Holiday, Reba, Golden Girls, Everybody Loves Raymond…the list goes on and my DVR stays at 80% full.
- Reading….right now I am late to the game and reading Harry Potter. I’ve seen all the movies, but not read the books. Others books include: The Twilight Saga (duh), Bridget Jones’ Diary (duh), Sookie Stackhouse series, Jenny Lawson (@theblogess, Let’s Pretend This Never Happened and Furiously Happy), Looking for Alaska, Hunger Games Trilogy, Eleanor and Park, Fifty Shades of Grey (Judgement free zone) and I am certain some that I’ve left out for the sake of this could get even longer and more boring for ya.
- My Chuck Taylor’s. Who cares how old you are. They make me feel happy! You should see my daughter’s collection. My fault, of course.
- Writing. This makes me both anxious and happy at the same time. Some days I am more into it, some days it feels like a major feat to tackle. I write in my journal every night, I have a gratitude – one liner – journal and now, trying this blog thing. It’s a complete and utter purge of my mind.
- Photography. No, I am absolutely not great. I pretend to be and wish to be. I love
capturing what I am seeing in front of me. Maybe I should take a lesson or two? This could be the start of something special or another expensive hobby. Anyone know of any stay at home jobs?
- Disney World. Yes, how can you not? It’s the “happiest” place on earth. Ha. When you attempt to drink “around” the “world” at Epcot or at lest make it from England to Germany, of course. No really, we are annual pass holders and love it! Just don’t go June – September and you won’t melt under the concrete jungle (as much).
- Music. I have such an eclectic taste in music. I have to since I am a Group Ex Instuctor. In my past, I worked in country music and easy listening/classic rock radio. So, again, eclectic. I already said my favorite ALL TIME band. (Imagaine Dragons – as if you missed the above). Alternative and Indie are my favorite genre. But, again, if I post my Anxiety playlist for you, you will see that I am all over the place. (see way down below screenshots).
- Vizslas or Greyhounds. I have had both and want another dog. I am begging the hubs. It doesn’t seem to be working. So, I resort to watching videos and scouring social media for glimpses of my favorite pups.
- Tattoos. I don’t have any big ones and they are mostly script or prases, but they ALL mean something to me. Something very special in my life.
- Lululemon This makes me go broke. I need to get back to work ASAP because I am missing my fix. Since it is such a bad habit of mine, I have to sell at least one item per new item. Yup. No, really, anyone know of any stay at home legit jobs?
- Selling crap on Ebay. I find all kind of crap in my home and think, why the hell am I hanging on to this? Someone else can use it. And, it’s awesome to watch bid war online. Cha-ching!
I’ll stop here and spare you the me, me, me anymore.
Now, you…“Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller?”
~ Side note…I am still getting the hang of getting this blog off the ground. Excuse all the little bumps, hiccups, scratches and warts along the way. It’s been a long long time since I put my thoughts out there for others to read. ~ Judgment free zone. 😉